Why not start the week off with an extra $5.00? No strings attached. It’s not a lot of money but it could lead to some of the easiest money you’ve ever made.
It’s an app called Dosh that gives you cashback automatically. It’s not points. It’s not coupons. Just cold, hard cash. Today, I’m going to explain what it is, how it works and whether or not you should consider downloading it.
What is Dosh?
When I joined in 2017, I was surprised how simple it was to earn money. I simply set it and forgot about it. There were times I would check in on the app and realized I had earned cash back without even trying.
It’s also one of the fastest apps that gives you cashback. A few times after filling up with gas I checked the app and instantaneously it was added to my Dosh Wallet.
It has many different ways to earn cashback and has a great referral bonus when you share it with your friends and family.
My current Dosh lifetime earnings:
With that being said is it legit or is a scam? With so many scams out there it’s important to
Should You Download Dosh?
You could be getting effortless cashback by using this app in four ways.
1. Earn $5.00 by linking your card
Once you link a card watch your balance grow as you spend and once your balance reaches a minimum of $25 you can cash out to PayPal.
2. Online Cashback
If you’re a frequent online shopper you’re really missing out. Here are a few places you can earn cashback.
- 1-800 Flowers 10%
- Pizza Hut 3%
- Cost Plus World Market 2%
- Sam’s Club 2%
3. In-store Cash Back
If you fill-up with gas at Sam’s Club you can get 2% for that. If you grab a cup of coffee in the morning from Dunkin Donuts get 4% cashback for that. No coupon, no receipts, and no scanning involved.
- Dunkin Donuts 4%
- Pizza Hut 3%
- Sam’s Club 2%
- Sephora 5%
- Gap 2%
- Mattress Firm 3%
4. Referral program
Once you get familiar with the app you can share it with friends and family and make a little extra cash that way. As soon as you sign up, you’ll see the option Refer on the dashboard. Click on it and you’ll be given a referral code. You can then send this code to friends and family through email, text message, or social media channels. If one of the recipients clicks the link, downloads the app, and links his or her credit card, you earn a referral bonus of $5.
How does it work?
1. Connect your card. Securely link your credit and debit cards. Whenever you pay with your linked cards, Dosh gets you cashback.
2. Shop and dine out. Pay with your linked card at 1,000s of stores and restaurants, and get up to 10% cashback automatically in your Dosh Wallet.
3. Get paid to refer. Refer your friends to Dosh and get $5 for each one who signs up and links a verified card.
4. Transfer your cash. Do what you want. Transfer your cash to bank accounts, PayPal, or donate to charity from the app.
Is it safe?
Dosh uses bank-level security and mentions on their website “we’re serious about your security, and we protect every piece of data you share with us.”
- SSL EncryptionOur app is secured with 256-bit encryption to ensure your information is protected.
- Data Safeguards
- Dosh does not store any credit or banking information. All credit card information is tokenized and vaulted using Braintree, a PayPal service.
- Anonymity. Rest assured, Dosh does not sell personally identifiable information to any third party.
- Account Authentication
- We use Multi-Factor and Two-Factor Authentication to prevent unauthorized access.
If you’re a regular shopper, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to get back some of the cash you’ve been spending. It’s even better if you live in an area populated with businesses participating in the program.
The nice thing about Dosh is there are no hoops to jump through in order to get cashback which is really nice. But, don’t let the cashback deals entice you to spend more money than you would normally spend. Remember to be smart with this and only spend money on things you need and or value.
Finally, this is not a scam but a great way to get long-term benefits on a lot of your shopping.